Arbroath 0
Livingston 3

0 - 3

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014
Attendance: 272
7:30 PM Kick-off

None. Kyle Jacobs (9)
Danny Mullen (16)
Myles Hippolyte (67)

Team Managers
Allan Moore
John McGlynn

Starting Eleven
David Crawford
Ricky Little
Craig Johnstone
Ludovic Erhard
Ross Fisher
Patrick Tchoutang
Kevin Nicoll
Scott McBride
James Parejo
Kevin Buchan
Bobby Linn
Darren Jamieson
Darren Moffat
Callum Fordyce
Declan Gallagher
Craig Sives
Kyle Jacobs
Michael McKenna
Burton O'Brien
Rob Ogleby
Danny Mullen
Myles Hippolyte

Scott Morrison
Michael Travis
Johnny Lindsay
Chris Scott
Connor Birse
Kieran McWalter
Paul McManus
Simon Murray
Calum Antell
Mark Burchill
Nejc Praprotnik
Jack Beaumont
Gary Glen
Jordan White

Scott Morrison for David Crawford (46)
Michael Travis for Ludovic Erhard (46)
Johnny Lindsay for Patrick Tchoutang (46)
Paul McManus for Kevin Buchan (46)
Simon Murray for James Parejo (46)
Kieran McWalter for Craig Johnstone (69)
Chris Scott for Ricky Little (75)
Connor Birse for Kevin Nicoll (84)

Kevin Nicoll (82)

Red Cards
None. None.
Match Officials

Colin Steven (Referee)
Stuart Stevenson & Gordon Crawford (Assistants)

Photography by Graham Black

Match Report

Arbroath lined up with David Crawford in goals and then trialist Ross Fisher (Queen’s Park and Kilmarnock) playing right back and Craig Johnstone at left back with a central pairing of Ricky Little and Ludovis Erhard. The midfield had Patrick Thoutang and Kevin Nicoll playing as the central pair with Bobby Linn on the right and Captain Scott McBride playing on the left with Kevin Buchan and James Parejo up front.

Mark Whatley and Michael Wallace were not involved.

Livingston kicked off towards the Pleasure land end on a warm and sunny Wednesday evening after Arbroath had been earlier soaked with a heavy thunder and lightning storm. Arbroath went down to an early Kyle Jacobs goal in the 9th after a mix up in defence let him clean on goal with only Crawford to beat. In the 15th minute the Livingston keeper Darren Jamieson ran outside his box towards the corner flag only to lose possession and when the ball was played back to Kevin Buchan he shot from 25 yards out trying to clear the line of defenders who had filled the goal in the keeper’s absence but his shot was cleared off the line but seconds later Livi broke up the field and as Crawford rushed out of his goal after a through ball was poked through he managed to save it but it deflected into the path of Danny Mullen who was able to lob Crawford who was still outside of the box. In the 25th minute Arbroath were almost back in the game as a 25 yard shot from Scott McBride rattled off the crossbar. As Crawford did his best to keep out the Livi strikers Spaniard James Parejo held off the challenge of 5 defenders as he skipped past them into the box but the keeper was able to save his shot, but he dazzled with his silky skills.

It was perhaps clear what manager Allan Moore thought as not one Arbroath player warmed up for the second half and as the second half started there were multiple changes in the Arbroath ranks. Crawford, Erhard, Thoutang, Buchan and Parejo all came off and were replaced with Morrison, Travis, Lindsay, McManus and Moore.

Straight away it felt like a different game and Arbroath’s tempo had increased with the impressive Simon Murray almost grabbing two goals in the first 10 minutes of the half. One of which was a beautiful through ball but it just was too much to catch up, but by word did he give it everything to try and get there. Fisher moved into the centre with Little and Travis slotted in at right back with Lindsay at left. A volley from Bobby Linn at an acute angle almost went in but again the keeper foiled the Arbroath attack. The tempo continued as Arbroath pressed and held Livi at bay, but they just couldn’t find the back of the net. Arbroath were then caught with a sucker punch as a Hippolyte header looped into the far corner of the net leaving Morrison with absolutely no chance of the save. The goal did take the fire out of the game but McManus, Murray, Linn and McBride pushed forward with Linn having a 20 yard effort well saved by the keeper in the 65th minute.

Both teams continued to press with Morrison making some excellent saves. Craig Johnstone was replaced by Kieran McWalter in the 69th minute then Chris Scott came on for the very impressive Ricky Little in the 75th minute with Scott slotting into right back and Travis moving to partner Fisher who had a fine game in the centre of defence. As the final minutes of the game ticked past Kevin Nicoll was booked for a heavy challenge before being replaced by Connor Birse. It was Birse who was extremely unlucky not to score as fine work by Paul McManus down the wing, who then crossed into the box and Birse headed towards goal but was inches away from clawing a goal back.

Obviously Allan Moore and Todd Lumsden will be unhappy with the scoreline, but encouraged by the second half display and especially from the performances of Little, Murray and Fisher who played the full 90 minutes.

Match report written by Arbroath FC Official Website

Squad Statistics (as at July 16th, 2014)

2014-15 All Time

League Table (as at July 16th, 2014)

No league table has been added for this season.